The Quick-Check® Transformer Tester is a versatile tool for quick and easy checks of transformers and the connections made to them. In the field, the Quick-Check® is used to test primary and secondary sides of a new or reworked, single or three-phase transformer installation for short circuits prior to energizing. Unlike a simple ohmmeter, the Quick-Check® can differentiate a true short from the low resistance of a transformer winding. In the shop, the Quick-Check® can be used for quick screening of incoming and outgoing transformers for both primary and secondary shorts or opens (including internal fuses and breakers). The Quick-Check® tests both 1ø and 3ø transformers, including potential transformers and other instrument transformers.
The Quick-Check® also tests capacitors and capacitor banks. The Quick-Check® uses the same single push-button operation as the TILT II and automatically distinguishes between transformers and capacitors. The Quick-Check® test capacitors individually or connected in capacitor banks. The Capacitor O.K. indication confirms that the capacitor is not internally shorted or open.
- Large copper alligator clips with heavy duty boots
- Heavy-duty rubber insulated coiled test leads
- Compact, lightweight and easy-to-use
- Powered by a 9V alkaline battery
- Super bright LED indicators
- Audible alarm confirms successful test
- Built-in self-test feature available
- Continuous testing while button is pressed
- Short: ≤ 10Ω varies with battery voltage
- Open: ≥ 10Ω varies with battery voltage
- Transformer O.K.: Minimum inductance 800 H
- Capacitor O.K.: Minimum capacitance 0.5 f; Maximum capacitance 300 f
- Dimensions: 5.75" x 3.5" x 1.5"
- Test Leads: 21" retracted; 54" fully extended
- Battery: Powered by a 9V alkaline battery
Item comes with a padded carrying bag and instruction manual.