The TILT II (Transformer Initial Livening Tester) Transformer Tester is a versatile tool for quick and easy checks of transformers and the connections made to them. In the field, the TILT II is used to test primary and secondary sides of a new or reworked, single or three-phase transformer installation for short circuits prior to energizing. Unlike a simple ohmmeter, the TILT II can differentiate a true short from the low resistance of a transformer winding. In the shop, the TILT II can be used for quick screening of incoming and outgoing transformers for both primary and secondary shorts or opens (including internal fuses and breakers). The TILT II tests both 1ø and 3ø transformers, including potential transformers and other instrument transformers.
- Large copper alligator clips with heavy duty boots
- Heavy-duty rubber insulated coiled test leads
- Compact, lightweight and easy-to-use
- Powered by a 9V alkaline battery
- Super bright LED indicators
- Audible alarm confirms successful test
- Built-in self-test feature available
- Continuous testing while button is pressed
- Short: ≤ 10Ω varies with battery voltage
- Open: ≥ 10Ω varies with battery voltage
- Transformer O.K.: Minimum inductance 800 H
- Capacitor O.K.: Minimum capacitance 0.5 f; Maximum capacitance 300 f
- Dimensions: 5.75" x 3.5" x 1.5"
- Test Leads: 21" retracted; 54" fully extended
- Battery: Powered by a 9V alkaline battery
Item comes with a padded carrying bag and instruction manual.